Wed 23rd May 2012
By Peter Lavelle
Here are the advantages of a strong and weak pound.
Advantages when the pound is strong
1. You receive a higher total when you buy foreign currencies.
2. Foreign homes become cheaper for you, because the pound is worth more.
3. Foreign holidays become cheaper for you, because the pound is worth more.
Advantages when the pound is weak
1. You export more if you run a business, because UK goods are cheaper.
2. You get more pounds when you repatriate money to the UK.
Keep up to date
We’ll let you know the best exchange rate becomes available.