Welcome to my latest outlook for the Australian dollar to pound exchange rate.
The Australian dollar looks set to rise!
The Aussie has jumped half a cent versus sterling today, to hit 0.5405.
Moreover, the AU dollar could strengthen further in January 2015. Here’s why:
1. The AU dollar may rise, because Australia’s unemployment rate unexpectedly shrank -0.1% in December, to just 6.1%.
2. The Australian dollar could jump, because Australia created more jobs in November in December than any time in 8 years.
3. The Aussie dollar may strengthen, because Australia’s labour force participation rate jumped +0.1% to 64.8% last month.
4. The AU dollar could climb, because with Australia creating jobs, the Reserve Bank of Australia is less likely to cut interest rates below 2.5%.
5. The pound may weaken meanwhile, because it looks increasingly likely that the Bank of England will hold interest rates low for all of 2015.
So, the Australian dollar may strengthen further versus the pound!
Keep up to date
We’ll tell you when the best exchange rate becomes available.