Welcome to Pure FX’s latest update of the pound to Swiss franc interbank exchange rate.
This tells you when it’s a favourable time to exchange pounds to Swiss francs, for your money transfer!
Sterling reaches for the stars versus the Swissie!
The pound to Swiss franc interbank exchange rate has reached its highest since June 23rd 2016 today, or 21 months, at 1.3537.
What’s more, looking ahead, sterling may climb higher against Switzerland’s franc. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. The franc may weaken, as “the escalating tensions between China and the USA did not trigger a rush towards safe-haven assets” like the franc, said SwissQuote’s Arnaud Masset this week.
2. The Swiss franc could lose out, because “in the [Swiss National Bank’s] view, [the franc] remains ‘highly valued’, which may undermine the franc,” according to Citibank analysts recently.
3. The franc may tumble, because Switzerland’s real retail sales fell by -0.2% in February compared to the same time last year, said the Swiss Federal Statistical Office this week.
4. The Swiss franc could weaken, because Switzerland’s inflation is forecast to rise by just +0.7% in March, well below the Swiss National Bank’s target of 2.0%.
5. The franc may drop, because Swiss business activity eased to 60.3 in March, below predictions for 64.3 according to SVME’s monthly Purhasing Managers’ Index (PMI).
As a result, the pound could fly even higher versus the Swiss franc!
Get a free pound to Swiss franc exchange rate quote
Get a free pound to Swiss franc exchange rate quote to get our best exchange rate, and find out how much you could save with Pure FX.
You’ll get an outstanding pound to Swiss franc exchange rate for your money transfer!
Please bear in mind, this article is Pure FX’s opinion only and does not constitute advice. Moreover, the exchange rates referred to in this article are the interbank rates, which are the rates at which banks and financial institutions buy and sell currency to each other. Therefore these exchange rates cannot be accessed by individuals or SMEs, and are not the same rates that Pure FX can offer. To get a free exchange rate quote, call us on +44 (0) 1494 671800, or email email@example.com.