Find out here how to transfer money to Japan, as well as some useful tips to get a great yen exchange rate.
What you'll need to transfer money to Japan
When you tell your currency dealer that you want to transfer money to Japan, you'll be asked to provide the following details:
1. The name of your Japanese bank and the branch address.
2. The account number.
3. Your name and registered address in Japan.
4. The bank account's SWIFT code.
Once you've supplied these, you'll be able to make the transfer when you please!
How to get a fantastic yen exchange rate
In addition, to get an excellent yen exchange rate, please keep the following in mind:
1. Wait until the currency you want to exchange is strong against the yen before you exchange currencies.
For instance, the stronger the pound is against the yen, the higher the yen total you'll receive.
2. As of recently, the yen total you can expect is constantly getting larger.
This is because the Bank of Japan is engaging in aggressive monetary stimulus, which is strengthening the pound and other currencies against the yen.
Get in touch
You’ll be put through to one of our specialist currency dealers, who’ll explain how to register a trading facility. (Registration is free and you’ll be under no obligation to trade.)
Once you’re registered you can then take advantage of better exchange rates, and authorise us to transfer money to Japan on your behalf.
“Thanks for all your work. We have certainly already sung your praises to our Agent and will recommend you to anyone else we know who needs currency help. Speak soon. Many Thanks.”
- Mr. & Mrs. Everitt, Cambridgeshire